Domestic violence and homelessness can happen to anyone.
- 1 in 4 women will experience intimate partner violence in her lifetime.
- 1 in 3 homicides in Virginia resulted from domestic violence.
As the largest emergency housing provider in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Samaritan House is dedicated to stopping the violence and starting the healing. In 2015, here is what healing looked like:
- 41,576 bed nights provided in our safe homes and rapidly rehoused clients
- 7,874 crisis calls received
- 191 families assisted with safe housing, 55% of residents were children
- 637 victims helped by Samaritan House Advocates
- 251 people entered Rapid Rehousing Program with 96% remaining permanently housed after leaving program